Homemade recipe for dogs
Fill your house with the smell of freshly baked gingerbread and treat your festive four-legged friend with these Christmassy biscuits. Naturally gluten free, these delicious spiced treats take less than half an hour to bake and make brilliant edible decorations.
They’ll make a wonderful Christmas gift for your dog to nibble on by the fireside while they listen to our magical Christmas story, The Tale of the Gingerbread Dog.
- 300g buckwheat flour (or ant flour)*
- 60g peanut butter (smooth or coarse)
- 1 apple peeled, grated, no pips
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 120ml water
*Be aware that if you use other types of flour these biscuits will not be naturally gluten free.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C, 160˚C (Fan), 350˚F, Gas 4.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix together to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough evenly.
- Use a special biscuit cutter to cut it into shapes.
- Place onto baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes (medium heat).
- Cool on a rack.
- Store in a jar or in the fridge.
This is a complementary treat for adult dogs. You can feed it to your dog any time as a treat.