Feefo logo FREE uk shipping over £20

Need help? Call us on 0207 433 1863

Frequently Asked Questions



Answer

Chocolate can be poisonous to dogs because it contains the active constituent theobromine, which is a bitter alkaloid of the cacao plant. It is a stimulant which if ingested in large amounts can cause severe illness. If your dog has eaten a large amount of chocolate you may wish to consult your vet for advice.

Answer:

Why is chocolate bad for my dog?

Chocolate can be poisonous to dogs because it contains the active constituent theobromine, which is a bitter alkaloid of the cacao plant. It is a stimulant which if ingested in large amounts can cause severe illness. If your dog has eaten a large amount of chocolate you may wish to consult your vet for advice.