International Business Manager
Your place at the Lily’s Kitchen Table: -
As our International Business Manager, you will report into the International Sales Director and be part of a team of 8. You will be responsible for some of our key international markets in Europe – developing and implementing strategy, including route-to-market, pricing, marketing and management of all accounts. Delivering the market P&L – sales and profit.
You will need to collaborate with Supply Chain on forecasts, and develop JBPs with some of our key partners, as well as market P&Ls proposing revenue and investment targets. This means pulling your sleeves up and leading events yourself at times. You will enjoy looking for exciting new marketing opportunities that will help build brand awareness and allow Lily’s Kitchen to punch above its weight and stand out. You make things happen!
How will I make a difference?
You will: -
- Own and deliver the company P&L for each market delivering targeted sales and profit
- Strategy: route-to-market. Will include researching distributors and retailers, tracking competition in market, owning the value chain in terms of pricing and margins, represent the brand at all trade shows and events
- Manage the relationship with all accounts in market: retailers/distributors/marketing agencies etc
- Understand the distribution universe in each market: channels, retailers, potential, on-brand accounts, profile distribution opportunities, e-commerce opportunities
- Work with partners to create brand-building initiatives
- Provide regular feedback on market performance including the following metrics: sales/distribution/key initiatives/competitive activity/trade shows/next steps
- Negotiate key terms with distributors and retailers
- Track distributor performance: sales/distribution/marketing/forecasts
- Hunt for opportunities in the market and feedback to the business: NPD, distribution opportunities, marketing initiatives
- Incentivise the distributor through a performance bonus or sales force prize including trip to the UK
- Regular in-market meetings with all partners and produce comprehensive market report including objectives of trip/status/feedback from retail/opportunities/challenges
- Develop an annual business plan for the market including sales/profit/distribution targets/marketing initiatives/new product launches/meeting schedules
- Ensure all brand-building marketing activity has been approved
- Serve as the brand ambassador for LK in market at trade shows, and at all meetings with partners and agencies
- Develop a deep understanding of the market: share insights/research/market information/pricing/competition/distribution channels/key retailers per channel/market value and key trends etc
- Share examples in the team of best practise in market and how we can replicate in other markets
- Map out target distribution by channel that is on-brand and target partners to deliver listings in these accounts
- As well as regular travel to own markets, the role will require travel to other markets to represent the international team at trade shows
- Work with Logistics to provide a rolling forecast
How will I be successful?
- A solid background in dealing with international markets in a sales capacity
- Comfortable working closely and managing retailers and distributors
- Commercial acumen comes naturally to you
- Tenacious and persevering when things don’t go right
- A awesome communicator – sharing the good and the bad
- Able to get underneath the skin of your markets and provide regular feedback
- Regular travel to your markets to meet retail and distribution partners, store checks, identify new opportunities, trade shows, consumer events
- The champion of your markets and you will know them inside out!
- You’ll have an endearingly geeky affinity for Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (intermediate level) and be comfortable working your way around a spread-sheet when it comes to pricing, spend, P&Ls, and forecasting
- As far as business-jargon goes, our best practice learnings signal a need for a PFP (passion for pets)
- Lily’s Kitchen values will shine through in everything you do
- It’s faster paced than a team of huskies here at Lily’s Kitchen. You’ll need to be comfortable with sitting on that fast moving sleigh
- You’ll be better at communication than postman Pat with 12 phones and a carrier pigeon.
- You will have planning and organisational skills to rival Monica Geller
- You’ll be well practiced at using your initiative, have a can-do attitude and will be peachy keen to learn and grow