Accounts Payable Assistant
Your place at the Lily’s Kitchen Table: -
As an Accounts Payable Assistant you will be part of a team of six and the key focus will be on ensuring the accurate and timely posting of invoices and timely payment of suppliers.
How will I make a difference?
You will: -
- Work with Vendors to switch them to emailing invoices instead of sending hard copies.
- Aid employees and suppliers with the transition to out new ERP system NetSuite.
- Once fully approved, match purchase orders to invoices and post invoices on to NetSuite.
- Settlement of invoices according to supplier payment terms.
- Processing of third party supplier payment runs and inter-company payments.
- Preparation of multi-currency payment runs.
- Posting of all bank payments on to NetSuite.
- Correspondence with suppliers including dealing with daily queries in reference to payment.
- Prepare Vendor statement reconciliations and resolve reconciling items.
- Reconciling key supplier accounts on a regular rotational basis, to ensure clear visibility of issues on major accounts.
- Check any accounts with debit balances, requesting refunds where appropriate.
- Maintaining good supplier relationships.
- Reviewing of Employee travel and expenditure reports to ensure compliance with company policy and correct VAT treatment.
- Accurate administration of purchase invoices and employee expense forms.
- Prompt and appropriate resolution of queries from other employees and external suppliers.
- Review and investigation of unallocated cash.
- Review and clearing down of Unapproved Invoices Register and outstanding Purchase Orders.
- Assisting with the production of weekly/monthly KPI reporting.
- Assisting the Team Leader with the production of weekly/monthly reporting for management accounts purposes.
- Accurate and timely filing and management of accounting records.
- Constantly seek improvements within the Finance team, looking for new ways of working to improve processes and procedures.
- Support the finance team in delivering the month end and year end timetable.
- Working with the external auditors in order to provide the relevant information requested and resolving any queries regarding accounts payable.
- Provide cover across the Finance team as and when required.
How will I be successful?
- Some AP/finance experience in high volume AP processing
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- As far as business-jargon goes, our best practice learnings signal a need for a PFP (passion for pets)
- Educated to degree level
- Feel at ease in a creative and entrepreneurial environment
- First class relationship management skills, and top notch interpersonal skills
- Results get you excited and you will be driven to achieve them
- Lily’s Kitchen values will shine through in everything you do
- You’ll be better at communication than postman Pat with 12 phones and a carrier pigeon.
- A Puss-in-Boots-level planner and organisational skills to rival Monica Geller
- Accurate and logical approach to work
- Ability to exhibit great time management skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- You’ll have an endearingly geeky affinity for Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (intermediate level)
- Experience with NetSuite would be a real bonus
- You’ll be well practiced at using your initiative, have a can-do attitude and will be peachy keen to learn and grow.
- It’s faster paced than a team of huskies here at Lily’s Kitchen. You’ll need to be comfortable and had experience with sitting on that fast moving sleigh
- You will have a natural passion for Lily’s Kitchen brand, product and philosophy
- A positive can do attitude who is able to go above and beyond
- You will be able to deal with conflicting priorities
- Able to manage and achieve various deadlines