Assistant Procurement Manager
Your place at the Lily’s Kitchen Table: -
The Assistant Procurement Manager will report in to the Supply Chain Manager and work with them to ensure that the end to end Supply Chains runs as smoothly as possible - exceeding service levels, minimising costs and always looking for process improvements.
As part of a team of seven, you will take accountability for managing the supplier supply chain relationship, working with manufacturing plants and suppliers across the globe. They’re crucial in ensuring the business supply their customers through effective stock management and stock reporting.
How will I make a difference?
You will: -
- Wear many guises; one moment you’ll be an Analyst, producing stock reports. The next, you might be involved in customer account management, working collaboratively with customers to put together supply chain solutions.
- Supply planning for the whole business, working very closely with production sites to ensure sufficient supply, managing inventory to minimise waste (while still maximising sales, of course!) and working on process improvement projects (for example, on IT systems).
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with third parties, suppliers and relevant stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Create the Supply Plan versus forecasted demands and maintain constant checks on stock levels.
- Plan and actively organize the logistics of inbound orders and delivery schedule to ensure all deliveries are made on time and in full delivery from all third party manufacturers.
- Deal with submissions of orders for both the UK and overseas based suppliers
- Contribute to the smooth running of all purchasing administration - e.g. Purchase Ordering
- Work within our inventory management system to ensure accurate records of finished goods deliveries.
- Be responsible for communicating changes in delivery plans to the wider business.
- Effective strategic planning - analysing and categorising different suppliers and developing appropriate sourcing strategies
- Work with our third party manufacturers to streamline the inbound supply chain process to ensure that each consignment arrives at the warehouse with appropriate and accurate documents.
- Implement sourcing strategies through supplier interaction
- Highlight and manage key suppliers for continuous improvement through detailed cost and value analysis
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Care, Sales teams and our Demand Planner to forecast workforce requirements for third party partners in line with company promotional activity.
- Cover for the Supply Chain Manager in their absence, ensuring the supply chain runs smoothly both oversea and in the UK.
How will I be successful?
- CIPS qualified desirable and Degree educated or equivalent.
- Strong FMCG Supply Chain experience - across demand and supply planning, you will have a solid understanding of planning, and a desire to consistently drive improvements in results.
- Experience working in a fast moving entrepreneurial enterprise and demonstrate adaptability and resilience to change.
- Some prior experience in procurement with third party manufacturing demonstratating fantastic negotiation and persuasion skills and great strategic sourcing knowledge.
- Strong background with ERP and MRP systems while not being put off when faced with excel based processes.
- An endearingly geeky affinity for Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (intermediate level)
- Planning and organisational skills to rival Monica Geller
- Experience working internationally with a natural ability to build and grow strong relationships
- Well practiced at using your initiative, have a can-do attitude and be solution focused.
- As far as business-jargon goes, our best practice learnings signal a need for a PFP (passion for pets)
- Our values will shine through in everything you do and you will be an active member of our Lily's Kitchen community
- Live and breathe B Corp - using business as a force for good
- It’s faster paced than a team of huskies here at Lily’s Kitchen. You’ll need to be comfortable with sitting on that fast moving sleigh.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV telling us why Lily’s Kitchen and why you?