Graduate Sales Executive
Your place at the Lily’s Kitchen Table: -
As our first ever Graduate Sales Executive you will join a team of 10 and report into a National Account Manager. As part of the sales grad programme you will experience three areas within the world of sales at Lily’s Kitchen whilst being supported by an awesome sales team!
You will spend between 6-8 months in three key sales areas which will allow you to get underneath the skin of a sales professional and develop into a Lily’s Kitchen sales ambassador.
We are looking for a passionate individual, who is a self-starter, hungry to learn, soaking up every bit of information to develop into an awesome sales professional.
As part of the role, travel is required within the UK and a clean driving license is needed.
How will I make a difference?
You will: -
ROTATION 1: TRADE CUSTOMER CARE:
- Serve as a key contact for independent retailers, placing orders and offering advice on the brand and products.
- Build relationships with top 200 independent retailers by surprising and delighting them in every interaction.
- Learn about products and portfolio to become the expert that our stockists come to for help and advice.
- Help us to hit our sales targets by upselling NPD and promotions, proactively calling our most important customers to develop relationships and create sales opportunities.
- Work closely with the sales team to pass on any leads, or point out any concerns that need to be followed up.
- Be the ‘ears on the ground’ and regularly feedback on what’s happening in the world of Indies.
ROTATION 2: NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
- Serve as the primary account contact on selected smaller National Accounts.
- Assist NAMs in managing retail relationships, hitting budgets & executing plans;
- Provide customer EPOS analysis / insight to help analyse portfolio & build sustainable distribution.
- Provide support on new listings and analysis on sales & profitability of existing and NPD lines within the customer.
- Analyse/manage the operational aspects within accounts through forecasting and delivery. Provide data driven, accurate / timely inputs to demand planning to enable S&OP process & accurate forecasts.
- Regular store visits within Top 3: Promotional & ranging compliance checks, whilst keeping an eye on what’s going on in our retailers, across both Pet & other Categories.
ROTATION 3: CATEGORY ANALYST
- Be the Category and the Shopper expert championing the shopper voice, supporting the Category team to internally influence decisions, particularly Portfolio and Innovation topics.
- Product category insights/learnings across competitors and our own initiatives (NPD, promotions, activations etc.) to support Category team to provide inputs into future decisions.
- Serve as a passionate LK role model and advocate within customers to help us deliver our category vision/strategy in mass-market retail partners.
- Help develop insight to allow us to network and influence strategy & decisions made by retailers to grow the category and Lily’s Kitchen at a disproportionate amount.
- Upskill the sales team and wider business in channel, retailer and category insights. Share best practice within and outside of the team.
How will I be successful?
- Educated to degree level.
- Highly numerate and analytical thinker. You’re a natural when it comes to working with numbers.
- Work experience within a FMCG and sales environment would be a big bonus!
- Highly intuitive when it comes to working with a multitude of different IT systems.
- Clearly spoken and written English.
- Clean UK driving license.
- Presenting in front of groups of people excites you rather than makes you run for the hills!
- ‘Multi tasker’ is your middle name and you can juggle multiple projects.
- As far as business-jargon goes, our best practice learnings signal a need for a PFP (Passion for Pets).
- Lily’s Kitchen values will shine through in everything you do.
- It’s faster paced than a team of huskies here at Lily’s Kitchen. You’ll need to be comfortable with sitting on that fast moving sleigh.
- You’ll have an endearing affinity for Microsoft Office and all its quirks.
- You’ll be better at communication than Postman Pat with 12 phones and a carrier pigeon.
- You will have planning and organisational skills to rival Monica Geller.
- You’ll be well practiced at using your initiative, have a can-do attitude and will be peachy keen to learn and grow.