For the purpose of the data protection laws the data controller is Lily’s Kitchen Limited (registered in England and Wales with company number 06409873) with its registered office at PO BOX 59287, London, NW3 9JR.
Are you aged under 18 years?
If you are aged under 18, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from those under the age of 18 for the specific purposes of marketing communications.
Are you a sole trader / partnership or an individual communicating with us from a business?
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, responding to surveys, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you place an order on our site, meet us at an event, or enter a competition or promotion. The information you give us may include your name, address, contact information, payment details and details about your pet(s).
Information we collect or generate about you: with regard to each of your visits to our site or when you do business with us we may collect:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. This is sometimes referred to as web-audience measurement.
- Aggregated Data: We may also collect and use aggregated data from different sources (website, email). Whilst aggregated data is not classified as personal data under law, when combined with personal data resulting in direct or indirect identification of a subject, we will treat this combined data as personal data.
Information we receive from other sources: we work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us: we will use this information:
- to provide customer support e.g. responding to your enquiries and keeping you up to date on the delivery of your order;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, goods and services that you request from us;
- for internal record keeping;
- to improve our goods and services;
- to create a pet profile;
- to customise our site according to your interests;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or other goods or services we feel may be of interest to you (in accordance with the "Consent" and "Legitimate interests" sections below ("Using your information in accordance with data protection laws"), including in each case competitions or promotions);
- to send you a welcome email, to verify your account when you register with the site or sign-up at one of our events and other emails for the purposes of providing any services or products to you, including in relation to account management or system maintenance;
- to notify you about changes to our goods or services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to identify and target you in social networks and search providers when consent is given; and
- to build a profile of you so we can get to know you better. This includes your marketing preferences, for example which products your pet likes to eat
Please note we will not use any financial or credit card information for any purpose other than to discharge our legal / regulatory duties and to process payments made by you for our products and services or due to you by agreement (e.g. refunds).
Information we collect about you: we will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to carry out appropriate and necessary investigations and discharge our legal and regulatory obligations and duties, including to comply with anti-fraud and anti-money laundering requirements, and (where applicable) to safeguard our staff and other customers/ users in respect of unlawful, disruptive or objectionable behaviour on our site;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- build a profile of you (and your pet(s)), your preferences and your habits;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- in accordance with the "Consent" and "Legitimate interests" section below ("Using your information in accordance with data protection laws") to deliver (whether directly or indirectly via third parties) effective and personalised marketing material and content of Lily's Kitchen and to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the sites; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Information we receive from other sources: we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). An example of this would be where we work with a third party who will email you to review your order and we will use your feedback to improve our services to you.
Social Media presence:
We maintain a presence on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. We participate in these forums and may interact with you or collect your comments for service and complaints handling purposes. We also receive insights and analytics information from the platforms including the level of engagement with our posts so that we can understand the type of content you are interested to see.
You can update your privacy and cookies preferences on our specific pages, groups and spaces within those platforms. You should visit your privacy settings with those respective providers to do so. We have limited control over our profiles within these interfaces.
Using your information in accordance with data protection laws
Compliance with legal obligations: As an entity established under the laws of England and Wales, Lily's Kitchen is obliged to comply with UK laws and guidance provided by UK regulatory bodies. In particular, we will need to process your personal information to verify your identity, your source of funds for anti-money laundering and fraud purposes, and to establish whether you have been barred from using our site due to objectionable behaviour. You will not be able to object to processing or ask for the deletion of your personal information insofar as it falls under this category.
Necessary for the entry into / performance of a contract: When you enter into a transaction with us, a contract between you and us will have been entered into. In order for us to fulfil our obligations under that contract (e.g. to allow you to purchase goods from us), we will need to collect and process your personal information. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up and financial information on entering into the transaction or objecting to this type of processing / exercising your deletion rights will unfortunately mean we cannot provide our goods / services to you.
Consent: We may send you marketing messages by email, targeted ads and text message about us and our goods, services and events where you have provided us with consent to use your details for these purposes.
If you have confirmed that you would like to hear from us about other party’s goods and services then we will use your details to contact you with marketing information about such party's goods and services.
In each of the situations above, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and can object to processing of this nature. We provide easy ways to stop our marketing, and you can opt out at any time. See your Rights and Contact (below).
How long we keep your information for
We take steps to ensure that your personal information is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information.
We will typically keep your personal data for seven (7) years from (a) the closure of your account with us or (b) to enable us to deal with any issues or concerns you may have about how we handled your account/ order, and also to allow us to bring or defend legal or regulatory proceedings.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries).
We will only share your personal information with other members of the group and third party service providers if it is necessary or reasonably required for any of the purposes listed above/ below.
We are required to put in place contracts with any other recipients of personal data and service providers are required to act under our instructions.
We will only disclose your information to:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- members of the group and third party suppliers and service providers for the purposes listed under 'Uses made of the information' above;
- third party suppliers and service providers to the extent they assist the group with its legal / regulatory obligations e.g. providers of services in respect of anti-money laundering, fraud, verification etc.;
- selected third parties so that they can contact you with details of the services that they provide, where you have expressly opted-in/consented to the disclosure of your personal data for these purposes (in accordance with the "Consent" section above ("Using your information in accordance with data protection laws");
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and other selected third parties; and
- your employer, educational institution (e.g. school, college or university), email or internet provider, parents (if you are under the age of 18) or law enforcement agencies, or other appropriate third parties, where we consider your behaviour to be unlawful, offensive, inappropriate or objectionable at an event, or on our site.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- in the event that we consider selling or buying any business or assets or merge or enter into a joint venture with another business entity in which case we will disclose your personal data to any prospective sellers or buyers of such business or assets;
- in the event of an insolvency situation;
- to protect our rights, our property, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Where you have chosen a password to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will put in place appropriate measures in accordance with prevailing technology and the risks to protect your personal data, where it is in our possession or control, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or from our site. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or loss.
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to the way we process your personal data, although these are not absolute and in some instances we may be unable to accept your request, in which case we will respond to you to explain why. These are set out below. You may contact us using the contact details below to exercise any of these rights and we will respond to any request received from you without undue delay and within one month from the date of the request, unless the request is complex. We will keep you updated on our response times.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links or social media [and other] plugins to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own consent procedures, for marketing or the sending of cookies as well as their own privacy policies.
We do not control the processing or cookie related activities of third parties. The business setting the cookies or processing personal data has primary responsibility for their activities under data protection law. Please check these consents, notices and policies in addition to our own.
|NUMBER||DESCRIPTION OF RIGHT|
|1. Access:||A right to access personal data held by us about you.|
|2. Rectification:||A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.|
|3. Right to be forgotten:||A right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data (in line with Right 6 below).|
|4. Restriction:||In certain circumstances, a right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): you dispute the accuracy of the personal data held by us; or where you would have the right to require us to erase the personal data but would prefer that our processing is restricted instead; or where we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for, but you require the data for the purposes of dealing with legal claims.|
|5. Portability:||In certain circumstances, a right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. This right will only apply where the processing is based on consent or a contract (see above) and the processing is carried out by automated means. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation, at your request.|
|6. Object:||A right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you where the processing of such data is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, unless we are able to demonstrate, on balance, legitimate grounds for continuing to process personal data which override your rights or which are for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Your right to object to marketing purposes, including communications and related profiling described above is absolute and not subject to a balance test as in Right 6. See below for details of the timescales to deal with requests.|
|7. Stopping certain decision making and profiling:||A right for you not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated process, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.|
|8. Consent withdrawal:|| A right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services or products).
You can exercise your right to withdraw consent by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any emails.
If after giving consent you withdraw it, this would not affect the processing we would have already carried out with your consent.
If you withdraw your consent for any marketing purposes, we reserve the right to maintain suppression or do not contact [or profile] list which record you do not wish to be contacted. This is in line with regulatory guidance and best practice. If you withdraw your consent for any marketing purposes, we will still use your contact details for service messages or compliance purposes, eg to contact you about your orders, or to handle complaints
Contact, queries and requests
If you have concerns regarding our processing of your personal data or are not satisfied with our handling of any complaint or request by you in relation to your personal data, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. Their address is:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner's Office
We will take reasonable care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access, loss or use of it. We process all information in accordance with applicable UK data protection legislation.
Updating your information
In the event that there is a change to your personal information, for example your contact details, please let us know of this by contacting us (details provided above) so that we can keep your information up to date and accurate.